Sunday, September 12, 2010

Italian Cream Cupcake Recipe


Ok, so after meeting tonight I decided to procrastinate a little more! I made Italian cream cupcakes, and I want to share the recipe with all of you!

This recipe came from a bakery in Henderson, Texas. The lady never would give my grandmother the recipe; however, when the owner passed away her son gave it to my grandmother so the recipe would live on!

Mix well:
2 Cups sugar
½ Cups Crisco
½ cup oil
Add 5 egg yolks one at a time
Beat all together

In a separate bowl:
2 cups cake flour (sifted)
1 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup angel flake coconut
1 Tablespoon vanilla
Add into other mixture

Then fold in 5 egg whites stiffly beaten

For Cupcakes: Bake for 14-15 min @ 350, or until done
For Cake: Bake 25 min. @ 350 in 3 large pans

Icing:
1 8oz package of cream cheese
1 stick of butter
1 box of powder sugar
1 ½ cups pecan pieces
1 teaspoon vanilla
-Rebekah R.

No comments:

Post a Comment